Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ABC Hyping Global Warming

Today I was at the gym reading a book while cranking out 100rpms on a stationary bicycle. I looked up at one of the three TV screen I could see and ABC had a big headline about global warming. George Stephanopoulos appeared making very earnest faces and eyebrow movements. I have no idea what he was saying, but I am sure it was worthless. Then ABC shifted to scenes of hurricanes, fires, floods, and then a browning glacier moraine, all apparently caused by global warming. I had a hearty laugh thinking about the fools who are dumb enough to believe this hype. To me, it is interesting how this kind of propaganda is put together and spread. What is truly fascinating his how easy it is and how readily dopes suck it up. Here, ABC takes images of things that have occurred since the dawn of the earth and the dawn of man, things which are disastrous, and then puts the heading of Global Warming over them. Voila, these things are man's fault, and something must be done about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment