Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Obama Recovery Logo Analysis



I have not seen a good analysis of Obama's recovery logo, so I thought I would post mine.

Analysis of the Parts and Meaning of the Logo
The red, lower right part represents socialized medicine and the green lower left part obviously represents the green agenda.

The red color and the cross make it apparent that this part of the logo has to do with health care and thus with Obama's vision of socialized medicine. I do not know why gears were used, maybe to evoke the idea of efficiency.

The lower left quadrant with the plant and green color obviously represents the left's green or radical environmentalist agenda. There is not much more to analyze here.

The upper part that is blue with the stars is used to evoke feelings of patriotism. This article quotes someone's interpretation that 8 stars are on the logo because Obama hopes to hold power for that long. I find this extremely interesting and I cannot think of a better explanation.

Commentary on the Use of the Logo
Socialized medicine and the radical green agenda have nothing to do with economic recovery, but Obama is pitching them that way because it is his best chance of slipping them by the American people.

Obama's use of government logos disgusts me. Such propaganda is a favorite of autocrats and it saddens me to see it in the United States. I cannot recall another president in my lifetime doing this. Hitler and Constantine come to mind as other autocrats who plastered logos and self serving propaganda all over their countries. What would the mainstream media and the left have done if Bush plastered logos all over the country? I see this logo showing up on highway signs on the interstate in California. I will stop at some point and get a picture of one. At best it is a colossal waste of money to plaster a logo all over the country. In reality, it is a cynical ploy by the Obama administration to use government money to plaster its propaganda all over the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment